961 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
A group of five row houses (955-963 25th St.) were built in 1911 by Harry A. Kite and designed by architect A.H. Beers. They are simple, two-floor, two-bay brick rowhouses, built towards the end of the District's historic period (1915).
The front door of No. 961 has lost its transom. The houses has lintels over the windows and doors. A larger size window is 10/10 on first floor. Windows are 6/6 on the second floor. The house's cornice is simple box in style and forms a line with No. 959 and the adjoining houses.
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Tallest Row Houses." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/17
EHT Traceries, historical area building survey, 11/1983
A sidewalk view with brick retaining wall and entry steps. (D. Vogt, 2022)