top of page
947 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
This brick, two story, three bay flat facade house retains its original size and framing of door and windows. The door has a transom and the door and windows are crowned by brick molded hood arches. The house has several star shaped tie rods and a wooden cornice is dentilled with brackets at each end. No. 947 was built in 1879 for Leo McGraw.
D. Vogt, 2022
1879 - Leo McGraw
1983 - James B. Price
1983 - Lian von Wantock
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Tallest Row Houses." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/17
EHT Traceries, historic area building survey, 11/1983
A sidewalk view of the house with two tier brick steps and low brick retaining wall. (D. Vogt, May 2022)
bottom of page