924 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
The Foggy Bottom Historic District ends at 922 25th Street, but the next building is now the River Inn, an-all suite hotel. It was built as the Alamac Apartments in 1957, designed by architect Edwin Weihe. The River Inn converted to a hotel in 1978, just before a 1980 zoning change prevented such conversions. The hotel attracted tour buses and Foggy Bottom residents persuaded the city to ban such buses on residential streets. The ban was challenged, but upheld, creating a national precedent.