top of page


Year Built


Click photo below to see full sized image.



Danenhower & Son built, designed, and owned Nos. 916-922 in 1885. The houses are brick, two stories, and two bays with brick arches over the windows and a continuous cornice of brick stepped with a bracket appearance. .

No. 922 has a side entry. The front entry door has a segmented arch and transom and the house has double hung windows. In 2022, this house had 2 beds, 1.5 bath, and is 984 sq ft.

D. Vogt, 2022


Ownership History

1958 -- Sis and Gordon Campbell


Gordon Campbell installed a real copper bar he made, and a Sir Robert Peele mantle brought from his family's attic and installed over the fireplace. (recalled FB resident, Rhea Radkin, 1959)

Source Material 

FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row."
Foggy Bottom News, "From the Bottom Up," by Rhea Radin, June 1959 and June 1958
EHT Traceries, historical area building survey, 11/1983

A side entry with paved brick walk. (D. Vogt, May 2022)

bottom of page