920 25TH STREET NW

Year Built

1885

Click photo below to see full sized image.

unnamed.png

House History

The 14 houses at 900 to 922 25th St. comprise the longest row of original houses in the Historic District. They all were built in the 1880s. They are generally two stories high and have flat-fronts and simple ornamentation. Builders used pressed and molded brick detailing builders to make even modest houses appear distinctive.

Danenhower & Son built, designed, and owned Nos. 916-922 in 1885. The narrow arched passageway between Nos. 918 and 920 has a brick pavement. It allows access to the back yards of residents of these houses and borders the back yards of the houses on Hughes Mews alley.

Ownership History

Recollections

Documents

Source Material 

FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row." https://theclio.com/entry/144546