top of page


Year Built


Click photo below to see full sized image.


D. Vogt, 2022



This two story two-bay rectangular brick house is the first of the 14 houses at 900 to 922 25th St.. The first six buildings (Nos. 900-910) illustrate how decorative brickwork adds visual interest to modestly-scaled buildings. The houses are two-stories high and two-bays wide. They feature alternating front door placements, and a variety of arches, pediments, and broken pediments above the doors. They feature a corbel motif at the eaves of the brick cornice and molded brick segmental arched six-light grid windows.

The front door is crowned by a semi-circular rather than triangular pediment, like several of the other rows front entry doors. In 2022, this house had 2 beds, 1 bath, and 1,040 sq. ft.


1958 -- John W. Bobbitt, Sam M Harrington, Jr.


Source Material 

FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row."
Foggy Bottom News, June 1958
EHT Traceries, historic area building survey, 11/1983

The sidewalk view with brick walkway and modern black metal fence. (D. Vogt, May 2022)

900-914 25th St Houses during and after renovation (Wash Post May 30, 1954)

bottom of page