2538 QUEEN ANNES LANE NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
The 18 houses on Queen Anne's Lane (Nos. 2521-2538) were generally constructed between 1960 and 1962. Prior to their construction, the only entrance to Hughes Mews (then Hughes Court) was from 25th Street. Al Wheeler was the developer and Foggy Bottom resident Melita Rodeck was the architect for this row house development. The houses originally sold for $45,000-$50,000; 2022 estimate - $1.2M. In 2022, this house had 2 beds, 2 baths and 1 half bath in 1836 sq. ft. It sold for $1,250,000.
Currently, some of the garages are being converted to extra bedrooms (to allow more room for additional residents).
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "Queen Anne's Lane - a New Addition to the Historic District." https://theclio.com/entry/142860
A view looking down the lane from the top of Hughes Mews in November. (D. Vogt, Nov. 2022)
A view of the back of the RIver Inn and Hughes Mews looking up the lane. (D. Vogt, July 2022)