23 SNOWS COURT NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
This is one of a cluster of three row houses built by E. Pitcher for Eugene Bettes in 1888. No. 23 is a two story brick row house with a door on its rear left side. It.has simple brick arches over the windows, but a more elaborate bracketed cornice along the front of the house it shares with No. 22.
1888 - Eugene Bettes
1958 - Edward J. Zekas
A History Project, FB Historic District Walking Tour. "Snows Court Row Houses ." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/6
Foggy Bottom Association News, Feb. 1961; June 1958
Rhea Radin, "From the Bottom Up," Foggy Bottom News, June 1959
George Beveridge, "City's Foggy Bottom See Test Ground of Urban Renewal," Evening Star, Oct. 23, 1955
The side entry looks on to a fenced parking area. (D. Vogt, Dec. 2022)
The three historic rows are dwarfed by the tall apartment building in the background. (D. Vogt, Dec. 2022)