top of page
22 SNOWS COURT NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D, Vogt, 2022
This is one of a cluster of three row houses built by E. Pitcher for Eugene Bettes in 1888. No. 22 is a two story brick row house with a door on its right side that opens onto a courtyard it shares with No. 21. It has simple brick arches over the windows, but a more elaborate bracketed cornice along the front of the house.
1888 - Eugene Bettes
A History Project, FB Historic District Walking Tour. "Snows Court Row Houses ." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/6
Foggy Bottom Association News, Feb. 1961
Rhea Radin, "From the Bottom Up," Foggy Bottom News, June 1959
George Beveridge, "City's Foggy Bottom See Test Ground of Urban Renewal," Evening Star, Oct. 23, 1955
The narrow transom and grille work on the doors and windows give the simple row character. (D. Vogt, Dec. 2022)
The use of two different paint colors help to visually separate the co-joined rows. (D. Vogt, Dec. 2022)
bottom of page