11 SNOWS COURT NW

Year Built

1884

Click photo below to see full sized image.

unnamed.png

House History

In 1959, seven concerned neighbors met here to form the Foggy Bottom Association (FBA), as noted by a plaque next to the front door. The FBA is active and in 2022 had approximately 240 members. This group of residents were concerned their recently renovated historic homes would be destroyed and its residents would be forced to move out.

The cluster of houses at 8-20 Snows Court were designed and built in 1884 by Oliver Cox for developer Edwin Greer.

Ownership History

Recollections

Documents

Source Material 

FBA History Project, FB Historic District Walking Tour. "Snows Court Row Houses ." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/6

Foggy Bottom Association News, Feb. 1961
Rhea Radin, "From the Bottom Up," Foggy Bottom News, June 1959
George Beveridge, "City's Foggy Bottom See Test Ground of Urban Renewal," Evening Star, Oct. 23, 1955