918 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
Danenhower & Son built, designed, and owned Nos. 916-922 in 1885. The houses are brick, two stories, and two bays with brick arches over the windows and a continuous cornice of brick stepped with a bracket appearance. This house has a side entry.
The narrow arched passageway between Nos. 918 and 920 has a brick pavement. It allows access to the back yards of residents of these houses and borders the back yards of the houses on Hughes Mews alley.
1955 - Bob Keith
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row." https://theclio.com/entry/144546
Foggy Bottom News, "From the Bottom Up," by Rhea Radin, June 1959
EHT Traceries Photo Nov 1983
A sidewalk view with low brick curb and paved brick entry. (D Vogt, May 2022)
A memorial heart for the owner's beloved pet, Ry. (D. Vogt, July 2022)
A streetscape view in 1983. (EHT Traceries, Nov 1983)