914 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
This group of four brick houses with two bays two and a half stories, Nos. 912-914 1/2, were built, designed, and owned by B.H. Warner & Co. as a speculative project in 1887. The houses have molded brick arches over the windows and a dentilled brick cornice runs the length of the houses.
Nos. 914 and 914 1/2 have doors lowered to ground level and windows fronted by small balconies directly above the doors. In 1987, the owner of No. 914 requested from HPRB approval for a 12' rear addition with a projecting bay.
Jerry and Charlotte Seward, mid-1950s
Margaret Hays, mid-1950s
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row." https://theclio.com/entry/144546
Foggy Bottom News, "From the Bottom Up," by Rhea Radin, June 1959
EHT Traceries, historic area building survey and photo, 11/1983
The sidewalk view with red brick entry walk. (D. Vogt, 2022)
A streetscape view of rows. (EHT Traceries, Nov. 1983)
900-914 25th St Houses during and after renovation (Wash Post May 30, 1954)