913 26TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D Vogt, 2022
The original house at No. 913 was constructed in 1887 by Brooke & Cator for owner George L. Botch. In a 9/20/1987 Traceries survey, the original house (and No. 915 next door) were described as a brick stable with two stories.
The current house is three stories high and has a distinctive façade of pressed stone (Permastone). A brick veranda supported by brick columns is present on the second floor and forms a shelter for the first floor. There are segmented arches over the windows and a transom over floor to the porch. No. 913 is currently (2022) a 1,176 square foot rowhouse on a 962 square foot lot with 4 bedrooms and 1.5 bathrooms.
1887 - George L. Botch
A sidewalk view with columns supporting the open deck above. (D. Vogt, May 2022)
The mid-level deck is accessible by a door with a transom window. (D. Vogt, May 2022)