top of page


Year Built


Click photo below to see full sized image.


D. Vogt, 2022



The front entry door has a semi-circular pediment and wood pilasters. This house has 2 beds, 2.5 baths, and 1,014 sq. ft. in 2022.

The 14 houses at 900 to 922 25th St. comprise the longest row of original houses in the Historic District. They all were built in the 1880s. They are generally two stories high and have flat-fronts and simple ornamentation. Builders used pressed and molded brick detailing builders to make even modest houses appear distinctive.

The first six buildings (Nos. 900-910) illustrate how decorative brickwork adds visual interest to modestly-scaled buildings. The houses are two-stories high and two-bays wide. They feature alternating front door placements, and a variety of arches, pediments, and broken pediments above the doors. They feature a corbel motif at the eaves of the brick cornice and the segmental arched six-light grid windows.


1958 -- Forrest Bell


Source Material 

FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row."
Foggy Bottom Association New, June 1958

EHT Traceries, historic area building survey 11/1983

The sidewalk view with a white wooden picket fence and a low brick curb. (D. Vogt, May 2022)

A view of the rows in 2006. (G. Mimms collection, 2021)

bottom of page