902 25TH STREET NW

Year Built

1953

Click photo below to see full sized image.

unnamed.png

House History

The 14 houses at 900 to 922 25th St. comprise the longest row of original houses in the Historic District. They all were built in the 1880s. They are generally two stories high and have flat-fronts and simple ornamentation. Builders used pressed and molded brick detailing builders to make even modest houses appear distinctive.

The first six buildings (Nos. 900-910) illustrate how decorative brickwork adds visual interest to modestly-scaled buildings. The houses are two-stories high and two-bays wide. They feature alternating front door placements, and a variety of arches, pediments, and broken pediments above the doors. They feature a corbel motif at the eves of the brick cornice and the segmental arched six-light grid windows.

Ownership History

Recollections

Documents

Source Material 

FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Historic District's Longest Row." https://theclio.com/entry/144546