821 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
This is one of four typical Foggy Bottom row houses (815-821 25th St.). They were built in 1885 by Frank Carver, with architect Charles Burden, who also were responsible for 801-813 25th Street and 800- 810 New Hampshire Avenue. This group of houses is simpler than those other houses, which demonstrate more ornamentation and variety.
Nos. 815-821 are two story, two bay brick rowhouses with flat facades and brick arches over doors and windows. A single bracketed, corbelled cornice runs the length of the units. All doors are on the right and retain their transoms.
D. Vogt, 2022
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "Story Book Row and Foggy Bottom's "Octagon" House." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/12
EHT Traceries, historic area house survey, 1983
821 25th St. Street view (F. Leone, 3.2023)
A view of 25 and H Sts. (FBNews, 1966)