812 NEW HAMPSHIRE AVENUE NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
812-818 New Hampshire Ave. were built in 1885 for developer R.A. Beuchler. The two-story, two-bay houses feature pressed brick molded arches above the windows and doors, and decorated cornices that run the length of the four buildings. They are somewhat similar to the buildings at 815 to 821 25th Street, but the doors are on the right, rather than the left, and they have wider windows. The front entry has a transom window.
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "Architectural Variety on New Hampshire Avenue." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/14
EHT Traceries, historic area building survey, Nov. 1983
The sidewalk view with a two-tiered red brick retaining wall and black metal fence on the left side. (D. Vogt, May 2022)