800 25TH STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
Half of the west side of the 800 block of 25th Street is excluded from the Historic District. The site is currently occupied by the Plaza co-op. Designed by Edmund W. Dreyfuss (Edmund W.) Associates, it was built as an apartment building in 1974, but converted to a co-op in 1975.
From at least the 1920s to the 1950s, it was the site of the African American Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church (814-816 25th St.). The property was sold in 1960 and the church and other buildings demolished. The Site remained a parking lot until the Plaza was built.
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "Story Book Row and Foggy Bottom's "Octagon" House." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/12
The side view of the Plaza. (D. Vogt, Dec. 2022)
Mt. Lebanon Baptist Church in 1925. (DC History Center)
A view of 25th and H Sts with parking lot location of the now condo building. (FBNews, 1966)