2420 K STREET NW
Click photo below to see full sized image.
D. Vogt, 2022
The 2400 block of K Street was once the most prosperous section of what is now the Historic District.
The three-story yellow brick building, No. 2420, was built in 1890 by James H. Grant and designed by architect N. R. Grimm. (One of many Historic District houses designed and built by this team) It is a narrow, three story, rectangular two bay house with a projecting square bay. It has a brick corbelled cornice. The intricate wrought iron front staircase embellishes the otherwise simple dwelling.
To the house's right, a narrow passageway leads into Snows Court.
FBA History Project, Foggy Bottom Historic District Walking Tour, "The Manila House and St. Paul's Church." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/16
EHT Traceries, historic area house survey, 1983
Decorated iron stairway (D. Vogt 2022)