top of page

D, Vogt, 2022

22 SNOWS COURT NW (previously 2408)

YEAR BUILT:

1888

HISTORY

This is one of a cluster of three row houses built by E. Pitcher for Eugene Bettes in 1888. No. 22 is a two story brick row house with a door on its right side that opens onto a courtyard it shares with No. 21. It has simple brick arches over the windows, but a more elaborate bracketed cornice along the front of the house. The house was renumbered in the 1950s.

RESIDENT(S)/ OWNER(S)

1888 - Eugene Bettes
1960 - Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Kohr (FBNews membership roster)

RECOLLECTIONS

SOURCE MATERIAL

A History Project, FB Historic District Walking Tour. "Snows Court Row Houses ." https://theclio.com/tour/2098/6
Foggy Bottom Association News, Feb. 1961
Rhea Radin, "From the Bottom Up," Foggy Bottom News, June 1959
George Beveridge, "City's Foggy Bottom See Test Ground of Urban Renewal," Evening Star, Oct. 23, 1955

GALLERY

DOCUMENTS

Click on the download button to the right of the document title to view the document, if available.

bottom of page